Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Eyeko Rain, for city nails

I mentioned that I couldn't wait to try it, and indeed, it's the first color that went on my nails after the wear test was over.
Eyeko Rain swatch manicure nail varnish swatches light blue np nailpolish
What a lovely polish... It's a slightly grey-tinged sky blue, with a subtle shimmer. It's not exactly the 'hidden shimmer' of Paradoxal/Dusky Mauve/Perplex, but it's not flashy either. I think this is going to be one of my go-to polishes.
Eyeko London Rain nail varnish for City Nails cute
The only downside is that Eyeko polish bottles are pretty tiny. The bottle contains 8.5 ml - to compare, Barry M is 10ml, Sally Hansen polishes are 13ml, and OPIs are a whopping 15ml. So, this Eyeko polish is a little over half the size of a regular OPI polish. Still and all, two bottles of Eyeko (at £3.50 each) are less than the price of one OPI in a store.
Eyeko Rain hidden shimmer similar to Chanel Riva blue
Eyeko Rain might be dupeish for Chanel Riva - a baby blue with hidden shimmer. I haven't seen any comparisons, but it does seem close judging from pictures. I think Riva might be brighter, and not have the hint of grey that Eyeko Rain has.

I'll definitely be using this again. The color suits me well I think, and the subtle shimmer is mesmerizing.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...