Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hauling in the USA: CVS & Meijer

You girls (/guys) in the US don't know how good you have it. When you can go to a drug store and pick up Essie & Orly, or when you can go to a grocery store and see a huge wall of polish... dude, guys. Not fair. We may have Barry M, Model's Own, and GOSH here in the UK, but you guys have a whole wall of Essie colors in Meijer!

So, I hit a few drugstores while I was in the US. I'm pretty pleased with what I got.
Aveeno daily moisturizer bonne bell dr pepper lipsmackers essie nail polishes
I went and got some of my favorite moisturiser -- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer. The one I was using in the UK, from Boots No 7, didn't have any sunscreen in it. As a pale fragile flower, I need my SPF!

I also got some Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. You can get them here in the UK too, at Claires, but they're way too expensive. I already had a tube, but I thought I should get a backup.

Sally Hansen Insta-dry topcoat red bottle
I also got the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Topcoat. I already have some Sally Hansen topcoat, the Maximum Growth quick dry topcoat in a clear pink bottle, which I've really liked. This one, in the red bottle, also comes very highly recommended. They were having a sale on all SH polish at Meijer, so I picked it up.

Finally, I got some Essie polishes - these are my first from the Essie brand.

They're so cute in their little square bottles, aren't they? The two shades I picked match, too. They're Chinchilly (brown) and Coat Azure (blue). Coat Azure has a little bit of shimmer to it, which I actually didn't notice until after I bought it and looked at it in the sunlight. I don't mind! :) I love the subtle sparkle. Watch for the NOTD soon, as I've already tried it on. Such a great blue!

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...