Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Little Pony: Friendship is Manicures - Fluttershy

Fluttershy is a shy pony manicure
Fluttershy is a little girly, but also really shy, so I didn't want to do anything too over the top for her. I kept it simple - a solid color with a little bit of nail art embellishment.
Fluttershy adorable shy friendship is magic fingernails painted
I ended up custom mixing these colors to make it just right for Fluttershy. My base colors were Rimmel Lasting Finish in Sunshine, Barry M Limited Edition Pink, and Eyeko Rain. I added white to both the yellow and pink to make appropriate colors, mixing them drop by drop.

Rimmel Sunshine is really the perfect color for Fluttershy, after I diluted it with some white - at first glance it appears to be just a yellow creme, but when it comes out into the sunshine it has a lovely subtle hidden shimmer. Fluttershy's a bit like that too - at first she appears shy, timid, and easily frightened, but the best shines out of her when the time is right.
Custom Fluttershy nail polish franken yellow pink and blue butterflies
After the base of yellow, I carefully dotted on cutie mark butterflies in pink and blue. Actually, this manicure gave me the most compliments out of any pony mani so far - several people said how much they liked it. A sunny yellow is just the thing for a dreary day.

Nailgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...